Flue gas operated chiller
Flue Gas Operated Lithium Bromide Absorption Chiller/Heater
The flue gas operated Lithium Bromide absorption chiller/heater unit is a kind of energy-saving equipment, which is usually applied to recover the waste heat contained in high temperature flue gas (such as exhaust gas from engine, turbine or other combustion equipment), and generating low-temperature chilled water and/or high temperature hot water as valuable utilities.
The main application of flue gas LiBr absorption chiller/heater is in co-generation or tri-generation industry, for air conditioning or process cooling purpose. And according to the site condition & user’s requirement, flue gas chiller can be designed to work with supplementary heat source to realize more flexible functions, such as:
- Flue gas chiller + engine jacket water (supplementary heat): which is called flue gas combined hot water chiller, it can recover maximum waste heat from engine, provide most cooling capacity achieve highest system thermal efficiency.
- Flue gas chiller + direct fired burner (supplementary heat): which is called flue gas combined make-up burner chiller. Direct fire burner can be used as back-up energy source in case flue gas is not available, or the flue gas heat amount is not enough to generate enough cooling capacity.
- Flue gas chiller + steam (supplementary heat): which is called flue gas combined steam chiller. It’s suitable for any site with surplus steam supply. Steam can provide extra cooling capacity or back up the energy input when flue gas is not available.
Other combinations like flue gas chiller + jacket water + burner, flue gas + jacket water + steam and etc are also available.
Provide chilled water above 0℃, hot water not higher than 95℃, suitable for cooling or industrial process.
Flue gas, Flue gas + Natural gas / Steam / Hot water
Please contact us to get more details.
1. IAEA-International Atomic Energy Agency (Austria)
1×Flue Gas Operated LiBr Absorption Chiller
Total cooling capacity: 185 USRT
An institution for scientific and technological cooperation in the field of atomic energy by governments around the world.
2. Lucky One (Karachi, Pakistan)
2×Flue Gas Operated LiBr Absorption Chiller
Total cooling capacity: 1683 USRT
Lucky is one of the largest Pakistani groups whose business covers textiles, cement and building materials, power plants, real estate, etc. The project is a commercial complex located in the center of Karachi.
3. Square Textile Ltd (Bangladesh)
5×Flue Gas Operated LiBr Absorption Chiller
Total cooling capacity: 2365 USRT
A large group in Bangladesh with business covering textile, pharmaceutical, financial and other industries.